Author : Veer Bala Rastogi
Size: 21.5 x 28 cm
Publisher Name: Medtech
Evolutionary Biology is a fast developing subject to encompass animals and plants, past and present. This book on Organic Evolution is an updated exposition of the subject to include the latest concepts theories and observations in a simple and lucid language.
Text is divided into five part: Part-I deals with concepts, evidences and theories of evolution. Part-II peeps into the Mechanism of Evolution Part-III provides a systematic approach to the process of Speciation. Part-IV explores the basic patterns of Evolution and Part-V provies an insight into the origin of life fossil- records and history of life on Earth.
Text is profusely illustrated with diagrams to ensure an easy comprehension of the underlying concepts.
The book would be a useful textbook for student of biological sciences .
UNIT 1. CONCEPT, EVIDENCES AND THEORIES OF EVOLUTION
1. Concept of Evolution
2. Evidences of Evolution
3. Theories of Ecolution
UNIT II. MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTION
5. Gene Mutations
6. Chromosomal Aberrations
7. Variation in Chromosome Number (Heteroploidy)
8. Reproductive Isolating Barriers
UNIT III. SPECIATION
9. Population Genetics, Gene Frequencies and Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium
10. Persistence of Variability within Populations: Polymorphism
11. From Population to Species (Speciation)
12. Genetic Drift and Gene Flow
13. Natural Selection in Action
14. Evolution of Genes and Genomes
UNIT IV. BASIC PATTERNS OF EVOLUTION
15. Patterns of Evolution
16. Microevolution and Macroevolution
UNIT V. FOSSILS AND HISTORY OF LIFE ON EARTH
18. Origin of Life on Earth
19. History of Life on Earth
20. Fossils and Fossil Records
21. Origin and Evolution of Horse
22. Origin and Evolution of Man
Copyrights © 2016 SIPL IND. All Rights Reserved