Edition: 1st Edition
Author : Ellyn Daugherty
Size: 21.5 x 28
Publisher Name: Medtech
The new edition of Biotechnology: Science for the New Millennium is the perfect textbook and lab manual combination program for your classroom! Designed for introductory courses, this complete program teaches the concepts and hands-on lab procedures required for entry-level careers in the rapidly growing biotechnology industry. The textbook and lab manual can be used together or separately, depending on the desired course format.
1. What is Biotechnology?
2. The Raw Materials of Biotechnology.
3. The Basic Skills of the Biotechnology Workplace.
4. Introduction to Studying DNA.
5. Introduction to Studying Proteins.
6. Identifying a Potential Biotechnology Product.
7. Developing Assays for Biotechnology Products.
8. The Production of a Recombinant Biotechnology Product.
9. Bringing a Biotechnology Product to Market.
10. Introduction to Plant Biotechnology.
11. Biotechnology in Agriculture.
12. Biotechnology in Medicine.
13. DNA Technologies.
14. Biotechnology Research and Applications: Looking Forward.
1. Introduction to Biotechnology Methodologies.
2. Basic Biology for the Biotechnician.
3. Basic Chemistry for the Biotechnician.
4. DNA Isolation and Analysis.
5. Protein Isolation and Analysis.
6. Assay Development.
7. Using the Spectrophotometer for DNA and Protein Assays.
8. Recombinant Protein Production.
9. Protein Product Purification and Analysis.
10. Plant Propagation.
11. Agricultural Biotechnologies.
12. Obtaining Molecules of Pharmaceutical Interest.
13. Advanced DNA Studies.
14. Applications in Environmental Biotechnology.
Copyrights © 2016 SIPL IND. All Rights Reserved